Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Of Monkeys and lessons... or something. I don't know

I've been on a bit of a creative low lately. Kinda finding it hard to stick to a deadline for things that I'm working on for my personal projects. (I apologize to those reading Beach Blanket Bloodbath and the other members of C.L.O.C. they will be continued at least one of them, soonish) And felt like trying something new so I figured I'd buy into one of those JOE KUBERT'S WORLD OF CARTOONING correspondence courses. It looked like it would be fun. Getting critiqued and not having to worry about grades or revisions seemed like an interesting way to practice my skills and maybe learn something new. 
I got the HORROR course (of course what else would I do for fun). I've just completed the first assignment. You had to design a monster. I took one of my old creatures, you may remember him from the SOMETHING A GO GO classick THEY CAME TO KILL US. I'll post the assignments as I finish them so you can see what I do. I won't  post the critiques (they might be too depressing to share) but I might complain about them. Anyway enough reading look at the pretty picture.

I called him Albert since most of the monkeys sent into space were supposedly called Albert. 
It was weird doing a drawing in normal pencil I'm really used to drawing in weird colors. Drawing in graphite feels really strange now. It might be a fun new media to try for other drawings I do. I've got a few more sketches I've done while in transit to work, I'll probably post them this week. Hopefully I'll post some other drawings too, you never know.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it freaking rocks to me! I think the fact that any skull-headed, monkey in a space suit should be armed with a switchblade.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...